Sunday, March 2, 2014

Nutella Reese's Pieces Cookies


As I looked through my cupboard to survey my baking ingredients, I came across a giant bag of Reese's Pieces. I previously had made Reese's Pieces chocolate chip cookies before, so for these cookies, I decided to make a slightly different variation. 

There was also a few jars of Nutella sitting in my cupboard, and if they don't get used in baking, I'll just end up eating it, spoonfuls at a time. So, I added it to the base of the cookie dough for a subtle chocolate nutty flavor. 



I brought these cookies to a housewarming/birthday party. There was also cake for the birthday girl, but no plates (they had just moved in), and that's when I got my most brilliant idea of the week: use the cookies as plates


Okay, so maybe it wasn't the best idea from a health perspective, but from a food/taste point of view, it was great! Plus, no dishes afterwards. Unfortunately, only about half of my cookies had survived the light rail ride over to the party, with the other half in crumbly bits. 

(Great idea #2: sprinkling the cookie bits into ice cream, but that's for another day). 

Also - my new baking day of the week will be Monday, so stay tuned for another recipe tomorrow! I will be rehashing a new variation of a previous recipe again.



Nutella Reese's Pieces Cookies (makes 32 cookies)
Adapted from Kitchen Runway

  • 1/2 cup/1 stick butter, unsalted
  • 1/2 cup/152 g Nutella
  • 1/4 cup/50 g white sugar
  • 1/4 cup/50 g brown sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1 1/2 cup/188 g flour
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp baking powder
  • 3 cup of Reese's Pieces
  1. Cream butter in a stand mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add in Nutella, white, and brown sugar and mix until smooth. 
  2. Mix in egg and vanilla until combined. 
  3. Sift together flour, baking soda, and baking powder in a separate bowl. 
  4. Stir flour into butter mixture on low speed until just combined. 
  5. Stir in Reese's Pieces. 
  6. Chill dough (will be sticky) for 30 minutes. 
  7. Preheat oven to 350F. 
  8. Scoop 1-2 Tbsp of dough onto lined cookie sheets. Bake for 11 minutes or until edges are set (center will still be soft). 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback? Questions? Comment!