Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Strawberry & Cream Bars!


I'm surprised these I even had the time to make these tonight. I'm flying out to a wedding tomorrow, so I've been trying to close out several reports for work before tomorrow, on top of hip-hop class, our first weekly roommie dinner (roommate made awesomely spicy curry, by the way), and packing for my trip. Somehow I was able to squeeze baking in there - and have it turn out well! (Granted, I'm also writing this blog while I should be writing my report, but there's still time for everything...)


There seems to be so many birthdays lately - this particular recipe was at the request of another friend, who wanted something berry-related for her birthday. What I really like about the recipe is that the crust of the bars are actually made with cake mix, but combined with just one egg and a bit of butter to make it more stiff and flat and crust-like. I thought that was a great idea and it added a great vanilla cake flavor to the bars! I will have to try other flavors of cake mix as crust in the future.

It turned out to be very strawberry cheesecake-like, which I only recently (within the last few years) learned to love, so I was very happy with how these turned out! The recipe I used is here - I followed it exactly, so I'm not going to reprint it here.



Also, I'm about a week late on the subject, but the Pretty Little Liars finale! (Spoilers for those who haven't seen it!) I both "love to hate" and "hate to love" this show, and the finale didn't disappoint...I'm pretty excited about the reveal of Ezra - finally makes him and Aria have a point on this show and makes him 100x more interesting. I want him to be a true evil A, not just a double agent like Toby. Anyways, more on that when the Halloween episode rolls around....



No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback? Questions? Comment!