Sunday, April 19, 2015

Oatmeal raisin peanut butter chocolate chip cookies


The students from my department put on a talent show this week, and as my talent, I entered six dozen baked goods for everyone to taste. Not really a performance talent, but no one in the audience was complaining!

I made two different recipes - the first were my red wine cupcakes that I've made before. The other was a batch of oatmeal raisin cookies with peanut butter and chocolate chips. I first made these oatmeal cookies earlier this week because I needed a quick recipe (crazy week as usual...) without really expecting much from them.

Well, the response to these cookies was pretty ridiculous. I brought them to lab and class - and I got an overwhelmingly positive response from everyone. Seriously, I don't remember any of my previous recipes ever getting this much praise before!


The key apparently, as I was told, to these cookies was the addition of the chocolate chips alongside the raisins. The chocolate chips were something I added in as an afterthought, but I'm really glad that I did! These cookies are great for a quick recipe (takes 30 minutes to make!) that will definitely impress many people. 

Oatmeal raisin peanut butter chocolate chip cookies (makes about two dozen cookies)
Recipe adapted from Food.com
  • ½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter (room temperature)
  • ⅜ cup (75 g) white sugar
  • ½ cup (100 g) dark brown sugar
  • ½ cup (129 g) creamy peanut butter
  • 1 egg (room temperature)
  • ¼ tsp vanilla
  • ¾ cup (94 g) all-purpose flour
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • ½ tsp salt
  • ½ cup of oatmeal (quick oats)
  • ⅓ cup of raisins
  • ⅓ cup of milk chocolate chips
  1. Preheat oven to 350F. 
  2. Cream butter, white sugar, and brown sugar together in a stand mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. 
  3. Beat in peanut butter, followed by the egg and vanilla. 
  4. Combine flour, baking soda, and salt together and then mix into wet mixture until completely combined. 
  5. Mix in oatmeal, followed by raisins and chocolate chips. 
  6. Drop cookie dough in 1 inch balls on parchment paper on cookie sheets. 
  7. Bake in preheated oven for 12 minutes or until the edges begin to brown. 
  8. Let cool and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback? Questions? Comment!